HO HO HO!
Ready or not, the holiday season is here.
Although I refuse to decorate until after Thanksgiving, it is time to make your marketing merry and bright.
For retail and e-commerce businesses, this is a no-brainer.
Contrary to popular belief, the holiday season can also be a money-maker for service businesses and B2B products.
I’ve talked to many business owners who “check out” mid-November through end of year, thinking no one will buy during this time.
NEWS FLASH: They won’t buy with the same marketing tactics and messages you’ve used all year.
Just like Rudolph’s red nose, you’ve got to have something to get their attention.
5 HOLIDAY MARKETING STRATEGIES
1. Limited Time Offer: Join by December 31 and receive ___% discount.
2. Value Add: Purchase by December 31 and receive free __________.
3. Upsell: Order by December 31 and get 2nd product at discounted price.
4. One Time Offer: Buy special product or package available until December 31.
5. Special Rate: Renew at current price until December 31. NOTE: This is for loyal clients and if there will be price increase in the new year.
If you put “more sales” at the top of your wish list, it’s time to create your holiday marketing strategy and check it twice.